miércoles, 21 de octubre de 2009

HOMOPHONES

Do you remember what a homophone is? Two words are homophones if they are pronounced in the same way but differ in meaning or spelling or both. An example of words that are homophones in English are flour and flower. They are pronounced in the same way but they have different meanings and spellings. Do you want to play? This game consists in finding homophones for the words I give you that make sense in each sentence.
  1. I *eight straberries with chocolate sauce.
  2. My *ant let us stay up late last night.
  3. I have *know lunch today.
  4. There is a *whole in my jeans.
  5. I won the game *buy two points.
  6. I would like *two visit London.
  7. Mark *one the competition.
  8. I like to *where t-shirts.

Have a go at this game!!! I hope you have fun!!!

1 comentario:

  1. Hi, English Blog!!
    ok, I will try to answer some of the questions:
    1. I ate strawberries with chocolate sauce.
    2. My aunt let us say up late last night.
    3. I have no lunch today
    4. There is a hole in my jeans.
    5. I won the game by two points.
    6. I would like to visit London.
    7. Mark won the competition.
    8. I like to wear t-shirts.

    ResponderEliminar